Senior Product Manager
RemoteSan Francisco, California, United StatesProduct
Short facts about us:
- We are a global remote-first team of 100+ people on 4 continents and in 10+ countries.
- We have been protecting our clients since 2014.
- The company has raised over $10M in investments.
- More than 200 customers around the world, including Fortune 500, Nasdaq, and high-growth startups choose Wallarm to protect their API and web applications.
- The company passed Y Combinator, the most prestigious incubator in Silicon Valley, from which Dropbox, Stripe, Docker, etc. came out.
Wallarm API security solutions provide proven performance to support innovative companies serving millions of users and billions of API requests per month. Hundreds of Security and DevOps teams globally use Wallarm daily to:
- Discover. See every asset across your entire attack surface—from cloud environments to every API endpoint with auto-discovery capabilities.
- Protect. A single suite that goes beyond OWASP Top 10 for full coverage for API specific threats, account takeover, malicious bots, L7 DDoS, and more.
- Respond. Streamline incident response with complete visibility, smart triggers, and active threat verification.
- Test. Automate security testing of your APIs and web assets. Prioritize remediation for every asset, in every environment.
Our technology stack:
- Frontend: the system management interface is written in React and is a Single Page Application.
- Node for filtering attacks requires maximum performance, that’s why we chosen C for its development.
- Backend: we use mainly Ruby (RoR for API only and Sinatra) and Golang (Gin), some components and modules are written in Python (aiohttp, Flask, FastAP)
- QA department using Python for developing integration autotests.
- Cloud: GCP, Terraform, AWS
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Riak/S3, Tarantool, and Redis
- DevOps: Kubernetes, Docker, Prometheus, Grafana, EFK, Linux
About this opportunity:
As a Product Manager at Wallarm you will be responsible for all aspects of creating and delivering Web Application and API Security solutions. This is a unique opportunity to join a fast growing PM team focused on delivering an important product security service. You will work closely with the engineering team to support the development and release of Wallarm solutions.
This role is for someone who has expertise in building deeply technical products. You will help set the strategy for your product, conduct user and market research, define requirements, and oversee execution across engineering and marketing. You will work closely with the engineering team to support release cycles in order to continuously improve the Wallarm API security platform.
In this role you will:
- Drive the product in the right direction
Build an effective roadmap to prioritize features
Balance new features, improvements, and customer requests to ensure a high velocity and a stable product
Consider the business impact, ROI, and other implications when taking important decisions
- Take an active role in defining the future
Contribute to the product vision, together with the PM team
Create and maintain a vision for your product area
Innovate within your product area by proposing ambitious features
Follow innovation in the market and competition
Communicate and evangelize your product vision internally and among the wider community
- Manage the product life cycle
Follow feature development end-to-end; provide guidance and feedback to engineers and designers; ensure everyone is aligned
Be the voice of the customer and the subject-matter expert for your product
Contribute to documentation, blog posts, demos, and marketing materials for product features
Collaborate with other Product Managers, UX, and engineers in cross-area features to build a cohesive user experience
Manage uncertainty and ambiguity effectively, adjusting plans to new working conditions
- Engage with stakeholders in two-way communication
Assist Sales, Support, Customer Success, and Marketing as the subject-matter expert for your area
Talk to customers and engage with the community regularly
Engage with analysts on briefings and product evaluations
Work with the entire Product team to share improvements and best practices
You will collaborate to:
Deliver product. You will take the lead in decisions about the product, but rely on the engineering teams for development.
Plan capacity. You will define priorities and the Engineering Manager will evaluate the amount of work possible
Ship frequently. You will collaborate with engineering on decisions that affect timely delivery
In this role you’ll need:
Experience in Product Management
Strong technical acumen: you understand how software is built, packaged, deployed and operated
Strong understanding of Appsec/Product Security/WAAP/API Security
Strong understanding of DevOps and cloud-native application architectures, deployment and operations
Passion for design and usability
Highly independent and pragmatic
Excellent proficiency in English
Nice to have:
Knowledge of the DevOps tool market
Significant experience building successful DevOps/Security tools
What we offer:
- Ability to work on a product that makes the Internet safer
- Completely remote work and flexible working hours
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Paid days off
- Medical insurance
- Working equipment
- Professional development and career growth