Senior Python Developer
RemoteSan Francisco, California, United StatesEngineering
Short facts about us:
- We are a global remote-first team of 100+ people on 4 continents and in 10+ countries.
- We have been protecting our clients since 2014.
- The company has raised over $10M in investments.
- More than 200 customers around the world, including Fortune 500, Nasdaq, and high-growth startups choose Wallarm to protect their API and web applications.
- The company passed Y Combinator, the most prestigious incubator in Silicon Valley, from which Dropbox, Stripe, Docker, etc. came out.
Wallarm API security solutions provide proven performance to support innovative companies serving millions of users and billions of API requests per month. Hundreds of Security and DevOps teams globally use Wallarm daily to:
- Discover. See every asset across your entire attack surface—from cloud environments to every API endpoint with auto-discovery capabilities.
- Protect. A single suite that goes beyond OWASP Top 10 for full coverage for API specific threats, account takeover, malicious bots, L7 DDoS, and more.
- Respond. Streamline incident response with complete visibility, smart triggers, and active threat verification.
- Test. Automate security testing of your APIs and web assets. Prioritize remediation for every asset, in every environment.
Our technology stack:
- Frontend: the system management interface is written in React and is a Single Page Application.
- Node for filtering attacks requires maximum performance, that’s why we chosen C for its development.
- Backend: we use mainly Ruby (RoR for API only and Sinatra) and Golang (Gin), some components and modules are written in Python (aiohttp, Flask, FastAP)
- QA department using Python for developing integration autotests.
- Cloud: GCP, Terraform, AWS
- Databases: PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Riak/S3, Tarantool, and Redis
- DevOps: Kubernetes, Docker, Prometheus, Grafana, EFK, Linux
About this opportunity:
We are looking for a skilled engineer to join the API Discovery team – a new Wallarm component designed to build web application structures based on incoming traffic.The API Discovery is built on top of two components:
1) The thin client on the filter node, designed to collect and pre-process of incoming traffic.
2) The Kubernetes service, which is responsible for statistical/behavioural analysis of incoming data and interaction with other Wallarm components.In the current implementation, all server analysis is based on algorithmic learning and heuristics, but, there are plans to extend this to the full-fledged machine learning facility.We are now looking for a Python developer with a broad perspective and experience in developing high-load projects and (ideally!) with skills in data science.
In this role you will:
- Implement business logic using Python 3.11.
- Work on the RESTful services (we have Flask, we want FastAPI).
- Develop and implement algorithms.
- Profile and optimize existing solutions.
- Write tests (Pytest) and technical documentation.
- Do the code reviews.
- Participate in architectural decisions.
In this role you’ll need:
- 5+ years of general development experience.
- 3+ years of product development experience using Python 3 with typing (Mypy).
- Understanding of parallel and concurrent programming principles.
- Understanding of networking and HTTP principles.
- Knowledge of one of the modern web frameworks and associated backend stack (SQLAlchemy, Pydantic, etc).
- Understanding of the principles of working with distributed task queues (we have Celery).
- Experience with databases (we use Postgres and Redis).
- Experience with infrastructure (Kubernetes and friends).
- Linux development experience (Bash, GNU toolchain, packaging).
- Strong development culture: commit/MR policies, style guides, linters and, etc.
- Good written and spoken English
Will be a plus:
- Interest in the subject area (information security, proactive protection of web applications);
- Experience with a low-level programming language (e.g. C/C++);
- Ruby knowledge.
What we offer:
- Ability to work on a product that makes the Internet safer
- Completely remote work and flexible working hours
- Competitive salary and bonuses
- Paid days off
- Medical insurance
- Working equipment
- Professional development and career growth